The Telecommunications Act (the “Act”), requires that all dominant public telecommunications carriers permit interconnection of their public network with the public network of other carriers for the purpose of the provision of telecommunications services, and that the charges at which this interconnection is provided shall be guided by the principles set out in Section 33 of the Act. The Act also provides that the Office of Utilities Regulation (“OUR” or “the Office”) shall have regard to the principle of cost orientation when making a determination of an operator’s interconnection charges.
This document has been prepared to facilitate discussion and consultation with operators and industry stakeholders in relation to the update of the Fixed Termination Cost Model, being carried out by the Office of Utilities Regulation, with the support of Axon Partners Group Consulting (Axon Consulting).
- Determination Notice – Update of the Cost Model for Fixed Interconnection Rates – The Decision on Rates20220331_14550139
- Digicel’s Comments 2021 Feb 10
- C&WJ – Response to Comments (REDACTED VERSION) 2021 Feb 10
- CACU – Update of the Cost Model for Fixed Termination Rates – Draft Model (2021 Jan 27)
- Cable and Wireless (Jamaica) Ltd. Comments on Update of the Cost Model for Fixed Termination Rates – Draft Model (Document No: 2020/TEL/019/CON.003) 2021 Jan 27
- Digicel’s Comments to the OUR/Office of Utilities Regulation Consultation Document on Update of the Cost Model for Fixed Termination Rates – Draft Model – 2021 Jan 27
- Update of Cost Model for Fixed Termination Rates – Principles and Methodology – Determination Notice (2020 June 30)
- Update of the Fixed Cost Model and Assessment of Fixed Infrastructure Sharing Costs- Principles and Methodology – 2020 January 8