The Tryall Golf & Beach Club Limited Overview
The Tryall Golf & Beach Club Limited (“TGBC”) was established on the Tryall Estate lands by the Tryall Corporation in 1976. The Estate has been 2,200 acres of land for almost a century but up to 1994 less than 400 acres of it was developed. In 1995 an additional 23 lots on the southern half of the property and a further 3 lots on Barnes Hill along with the Tryall Water Storage was first commissioned (See Map 1). So historically there were:
- Initial Phase: 50 homes were originally built as part of the 1960’s Tryall Corporation plan for the expansion of the property as a private villa living along the Beach and Copperwood Ridge to Little Hill, the center of the developed area.
- Second Phase: A further 26 lots were developed in the 1990’s in the southern section of the property beyond the Great House. These lots added 36 hectares to the developed area, and included the installation of Water Storage Tanks on Barnes Hill.
- Third Phase: A subdivision on the western section of the property was formed by Maffesantti Development in the early 2000s. That added 10 new lots and new scheme to the property demand.
- Most Recent Phase (2016): additional 20 acres off Ocean View Drive with new roads and other facilities to be added.
TGBC has been delivery water to its community throughout history. Its National Heritage site status was established on its water resource management structures – the 18th century Water Wheel and Aqueduct has been delivering water to Tryall residents since its inception in 1749. Though times and use may have changed, The Tryall Club continues to keep the water flowing and meet international standards of quality in water resource management, which we hope to provide for the next generation of our residents.